Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Another Year and What Will I Do?

2010 was a year of change for me and it is still changing. Financial success still isn't mine, but I am learning daily what and what not to do. To be honest, I can see where my problem is. The thing is that I have gone through a separation and I am still recovering from that. Within this time frame I have accomplished a few things.

Accomplishments
KAM I-approved
LA II & III-approved
finances in order (I was overdrawing constantly)

2011 Goals
save $1,000-$1,500 a month
complete KAM II February
complete KAM III April
start of prospectus May
dissertation June
$7,000-$10,500 by June or July
move by June, July, August
purchase home for $7,000 or $10,000
residency June
residency in between September -December

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have learned over the years that a mortgage is over rated. Don't ever want one. So the time is now for me to get this thing popping. No more over spending. Another thing, I do believe I have to file for an eviction. What's crazy is my tenants son and other boys were the ones that broke into my and neighbors homes. Since we don't have school tomorrow that will be what I do. The economy is bad and I have never had a home on section eight, but I think this is the route that I'm going to go this time. More money!

Due to my separation I got in a really low place. I wasn't paying my bills or the houses bills, utilities were getting turned off left and right, now I am getting back up. Things are working themselves out. Never again will I get to that low, it was awful. What's funny, I haven't paid the mortgage yet, but I have paid all of the bills except the cable and gas. That will be done tomorrow!

The plans are big, and doable. There's a house around the street, he wants about $10,000 for it, I don't think it's worth that much. I don't have to live like the Jone's. Again I don't ever want a mortgage again!

2 comments:

jimmy said...

I have four questions you can help me with:

1. How can one start on the road to financial success?
2. What are the issues in my finances that one needs to consider?
3. What do we change in our life in order to be successful in our finances?
4. Can you really be successful when you know your income as is it now is not enough to live on?
Thanks for your comments.

bettysonly said...

Jimmy, first forgive me for the delay in responding. Second, thank you so much for leaving a comment!

1. Make a decision to do right by your money. It's yours to do anything with. When you realize that you waste more than you save, then you may be willing to put your money in the right place and make it work for you.
2. Spending too much money. For myself, I spend on things that really don't matter instead of saving and having more to do with later.
3. Decisions, eating out or cooking. Saving instead of buying the latest tv, phone, computer, shoes, etc.
4. You can be successful in any financial situations. Again decisons, cable versus non, top-shelf versus well alcohol, going out of town versus staying home. Make a choice to do right by yourself and I believe you can achieve financial success.

Don't get me wrong we are all human and we don't always do the right things. It's up to you!

Again thank you for reading this blog! This means so much!

Willetta