Sunday, February 8, 2009

Will Everything Be Fine in 09? Sure they Will!

In my life it seems everytime I try to make a change something awful tends to occur. Honestly, I don't know what the problem is. The stars and the moon must not be aligned in my favor, who knows.

I was motivated about the year and now I am down and out. I know things will look up, but when? I seriously don't know. In my last post I was excited about the changes I have made in my life. As for this post, I don't know whether I am coming or going.

Here's What Happened
I let someone put a vehicle in my name and guess what happened to me? Now, I have a tax lien of $8,743.00 on my credit report. Eventhough the vehicle is no longer in my name this still has fallen on me. This is crazy, I never saw the car, drive the car, or had anything to do with the car, but this is a problem for me. I went to the tag office and they gave me a print out of where the vehicle hasn't been in my name since 2003 and it shows there are no liens on it. Learning lesson, don't give anyone your social security number for any reason. The car had no liens on it at all, but somewhere someone dropped the ball and now the problems goes to me. Aren't I the lucky one?

I can't file my taxes and school is about to start. I was looking for us a house, but that is not an option until this gets taken off of my report.

As of now, my credit scores are:
Equifax 576
Experian 546
Transunion 576

That sucks! Things happen for a reason and regardless it can only get better.

My Bills
Liam: 1,481
ING: 300
Student Loans: Another Thing

As of now all I am concerned with is getting a higher credit score. I am not in a financial situation where I can just ball out of control. That is where I want to be.

Another thing, one of my tenants may be moving due to an increase in her family. So if it's not one thing it's another. Thought about selling that house, but I may just lose money. I guess I need to lay low and just continue to rent it out.

My life feels like a big bag of chaos. I am spiraling out of control and I don't know what to do to get it back in order. My mind is running a million miles an hour. My eye has been jumping and I am not doing anything with the time I am given daily. I have been crying a lot too. I may be stressed or it my be depression. Whatever the cause I don't want any medication. I pride myself on not being a pill popper. I try to handle things without drugs.

As for my financial state, financial freedom will be mine. I will continue to keep it moving. Not let the petty things get me down. Pay off as much as I can and not look back. I will learn from my mistakes as well as others. Use what I write and read to lay the foundation of my financial success. I know things will happen, but it is not how you handle it, but what you do with it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things in life definately happen for a reason. Try tofocus on the positive things in your life and don't fall into self pity mode. The rain will stop and the night will eventually turn into day. Don't stress and just realize that God has a plan for you. Trouble don't last always. Keep your head up:)

The Freelance Squad
www.thefreelancesquad.com

bettysonly said...

The Freelance Squad you are always so supportive. I know that trouble doesn't last always. The pity big has just attached to me. I will not always be in sorrow. I think I may be out of the clouds.

Anonymous said...

Things happen for a reason. It may not be time for you to purchase a house at this moment. Take your time to get things together.

People are always talking about the market, which has made some drastic changes. If you sell the house now, what will you do with the money? In my opinion, you should hold off on selling. But if you do decide, put the money to good use (paying off a debt) and then purchasing a duplex or triplex.

Take your time and I promise good things come to those who wait.

Your friend!

Anonymous said...

I have just added this post to twitter :)